Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mgusty33
Frequent Visitor

Appended Queries columns data not merging

I have Query A which has more columns, but all columns of Query B. However when I append the two, the new query shows it combined correctly, but then when I try using a visualization, only the data from Query A shows up. 

I need all of the data for the specific column to show up when I make a list of the contents in the column. 

3 REPLIES 3
SamLester
Employee
Employee

Can you try to enable the "show items with no data" on the column in the visual that aren't being displayed?

ShowItemsWithNoData.png

Thanks,
Sam Lester (MSFT)

That worked if I was just making a list. However it did not work for making a line graph or filtering. I am trying to make it column 1 vs column 2, both which have complete data from both the queries. 

To explain it as an example, I have car sold in what month from dealer one in one query, and dealer 2 in the other. Combined it to an overall "Sales" query to make a line graph to show the trend of cars per month, but only 1 dealer's data is showing up, even though I am taking everything from the "Sales" query. 

Hi @mgusty33,

Are there any duplicates? Please share a dummy pbix file. It should work according to your description.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.