Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Muki
Helper I
Helper I

Append tables with different column names but similar data

Hi all

I'm looking for a solution to append multiple tables into 1 table without renaming initial column names.

Reason why I cant change the column names is because that was the initial situation in my reports. I have to find another solution to append my tables as the 'scheduled refresh' functionality in PowerBi Server apparently doesn't support non-unique column names.

So table C is what I would like to get:

tables.gif

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

Muki

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Inside the query editor, you just connect to both source tables.  From there you can rename the columns regardless of what is in the sources. Then append from there

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Inside the query editor, you just connect to both source tables.  From there you can rename the columns regardless of what is in the sources. Then append from there

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Could you be more specific, pleas? I do not follow you. How to connect both source tables?

txs

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.