Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ET2018
Frequent Visitor

Append queries problem

I tried to append 2 tables with identical columns. 

However, the appended queries created a new date column.

Seems date column of 2 tables cannot be appended, how to fix this issue?

圖片2.png圖片1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The queries reference local files, so I can't try resolving this in the Query Editor,

But if you create a calculated table based on your two source tables

Union Table = UNION('Data_ISS ECP','Data_Lo''s WAS')

That looks like it works just fine to me

Edit: I also see the following in the applied steps (again, can't see the data to confirm) but it looks like it might be part of the issue.

For the "Changed Type" step in both tables, the date column is handled differently. For ISS ECP you have 

= Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"Month", Int64.Type}, {"Date#(lf)", type date}, ...

And for Lo's WAS you have

= Table.TransformColumnTypes(#"Promoted Headers",{{"Month", Int64.Type}, {"Date", type date}, 

It looks like you tried to modify the type for Lo's WAS but not ISS ECP. and Lo's WAS has a slightly different date name (Date#(lf) instead of Date). Pretty sure the #(lf) stands for 'line feed' and is one of the hidden characters I was referring to in the last post.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.