Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Andshepch
Advocate II
Advocate II

Append or Union (or another way) Performance problem

Due to the API limit of 2000 rows in Salesforce, I have had to create 75 seperate Salesforce reports to inport into my Data model. I then need to group them together into three tables (Sold Deals = 25 Reports, Lost Deals = 25 Reports, and Pipeline Deals = 25 Reports) The reports that need to be grouped all have exactly the same format and fields. I have imported them all as Queries, and then used UNION to combine them into three tables (Sold, Lost and Pipeline).

However, the model is almost unusable due to the terribly slow performance.

I am newish to Power BI, and have read about performance, and how to maximise it, but I need all the fields in my tables, and I don't know what else to try.

Can anyone please advise me and point me in th eright direction? I have a fantastic and extremely valuable report, but the end users will never use it unless I can get it to work faster.

Thank you.

Andrew

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Andshepch,

In fact, I also not has effective solutions to solve performance issue which cased with api result limit.

In my opinion, I'd like to suggest you to pull/export all result as local files and use power bi to get data from them, it should increase load data performance.

In addition, you can also try to write a custom function to analytics and re-invoke api to get all records at same time.

How to perform loop in M Query and collate result of the same

Notice: current custom functions not works on service side.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.