Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Chrisj
Regular Visitor

Append multiple fact tables vs different fact tables

Hello all, 

Here is my case:I have multiple fact tables with exactly the same variables for each fact tables but I have 1 fact table per brand. Is it easier to append them all in one  long table or to keep them separated?

For example, in the Sprite table, I have the following columns : year, Month, Days, Price

Same for Coca-Cola, Fanta, etc.... 

What is the most efficient way?

Thank you, 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I think it will be better the way I said. You create just one table and disable the load of the others into the data model.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jialluo-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Chrisj ,

In fact, merging tables is just a simple transformation that doesn't have a significant impact on the efficiency of Power BI.

Best Regards,

Gallen Luo

JorgePinho
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @Chrisj !

The best practice would be to append them and have a column that indicates the brand of each line 🙂

Knowing these tables are being refreshed every month from a folder and new data are coming in these tables every month, in terms of efficiency when the app is uploaded in the intranet of a company, would it not slow down the app? 

I think it will be better the way I said. You create just one table and disable the load of the others into the data model.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.