Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

admin_xlsior
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Anyone using Power BI for Dynamics 365 Finance

Hello guys,

Took a long shot but probably someone here use D365 Finance and has their Power BI embed on it.

So my case is I build a report which currently has some visual (card, chart, etc) that failed to display. Weird is the exact report when published to PowerBI.com, everything looks good. And it is also means it is connect to same server, same DB, so obviously, in term of data, there is no problem.

This is from my current system right now, D365 Finance ->

admin_xlsior_0-1618635974845.png

and btw, I'm using Direct Query for the mode because that is the only mode this system can support.

From that screen capture, actually can see some of the data able to view, some of the card and chart are displayed, also the slicers which coming from my tables in that data model also display correctly.

There is nothing special / complex as well with my DAX calculation, although this is my suspect currently, but I don't know which one and also feel nothing is wrong with the DAX calculation, as I mentioned, it is not a complex DAX formula, mostly only SUM, COUNT, CALCULATE with some filter to other table or by using USERELATIONSHIP. Again I must say, in PowerBI.com is fine.

I only know there is a problem with Power BI version for embedding to D365 Finance, but I already comply that issue, so it is not versioning problem.

So probably there is someone here use this Power BI and D365 Finance might give some ideas what is the problem ? Or can guide me where to  investigate this problem. One more thing the error throw from my system is only "QuerySystemError" like this, with no further info what query or what is the problem ->

admin_xlsior_0-1618636892733.png

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @v-xulin-mstf ,

Thanks, 

but that link is very old.. and quite basic. I have done all that, as you noticed, the report is working (at least for some card)

The 2nd link is not the same as my approach, as that is an integration with PowerBI.com, whereby my approach is through internal embedded inside D365 Finance as its resources. The upload to PowerBI.com I'm using is only for checking.

Anyway thank you. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.