Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Any way to use Calculated Measures in Visual Axis

Hello,

Please help me with your suggestion to fix my issues, As per the earliers questions posted , I not able to use measure in Visual axis.

I have already tried below methods.

1. Try to create separate calculated table- direct Query mode not supporting to create calculated table.

2. Tried creating calcialted column using measure- Not supported by direct query mode.

I have created measure wch contains the growth  values and salary details. I have to create one visual to display range like (0%,5%,10%..) .and salary in Y axis .

Please suggest me on the possibilities to cover the requirement.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Any way to use Calculated Measures in Visual Axis

Probably not going to be able to get there with Direct Query mode. Generally, this requires the "disconnected table trick" which you probably can't create because of Direct Query. The disconnected table goes in the axis. And then a measure for each item in the axis along with a final measure (the one you put in the Values) with a HASONEFILTER and SWITCH statement.

---------------------------------------

Putting square pegs in round holes since 1972.

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Any way to use Calculated Measures in Visual Axis

Thanks for the Suggestion. Absoultely your right.

HASON doesnt support in direct query mode.

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 2020 Community Highlights

May 2020 Community Highlights

It’s time for another PBI Community recap!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Top Solution Authors