cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AllanXu Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Any way to render clickable hyperlink in a report?

Hello,

Is there any way to to add a calculated hyperlink column to my report, so when user click on the link , a browser instance pop up and shows a web page with more details? This idea would work very well with Dynamics CRM or SharePoint.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PowerBIGuy Member

Re: Any way to render clickable hyperlink in a report?

Via Power BI desktop i was able to formart a hyperlink i had stored in a table as a cliclable hyperlink data type. I was able to apply the same formating on a calculated column. 

Capture.JPG

Business Intelligence Architect / Consultant
4 REPLIES 4
PowerBIGuy Member

Via Power BI desktop i was able to formart a hyperlink i had stored in a table as a cliclable hyperlink data type. I was able to apply the same formating on a calculated column. 

Capture.JPG

Business Intelligence Architect / Consultant
rusmanicai Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

HI,

I am new at this Power BI thing, and I need some help somewhere along the same lines as the person who initiated this message.

I am pulling Data from SQL and one of teh columns is teh path and filename to a file on my P drive (P:\CD PDF\BAS\BAS 1234.pdf.

How can I add a new column that would apply formula "Hyperlink(Col1)" to all the records from my query?

I tried typing "CDPDFLink = concatenate(concatenate("=hyperlink(",[CDPDF]),")")" and while it doesn't fail, it did not make my data a clickable hyperlink.

I also change the column data type into weburl and that didn't work either.

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

Thank you,

Julia.

KKaki Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I am preparing a report using a datamodel that uses direct query (SQL), for me Data Category DDL is disabled.

In PowerBI Desktop, I can see only two sections,

1) Report - I see as below

ModelingTabFromReportView.PNG

2) Relationships  - I see as below

ModellingTabFromRelationshipsSection.PNG

Any Clue on how to enable HyperLink for a Column?

skancharla Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

Has anyone able to accomplish this .I also have the same issue as @KKakireported. I'm connecting to data from SQL Azure Database. Unable to find the option to enable hyperlink.

As suggested in the latest documentation here , this may not be possible unless the data coming from the database has urls. But I dont have urls in the data.

Additionally , I also want to call a Javascript function on click of this hyperlink. Is this possible. 

Thanks.