cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Humpjs Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Another way to show when Power BI is "calculating"?

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but I have a question for when Power BI is "calculating" results.   It's the dark dotted circle that keeps moving.

Is there another way we can let the users know this is happening?   My problem is that I have dark backgrounds on some of my reports and some of them take several seconds to calculate.  However, the user cannot see that Power BI is calculating because the dark moving circles are blended into the background.   

I pulled numbers the other day thinking it was done and a couple of seconds later, there was different information there.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
malagari Member

Re: Another way to show when Power BI is "calculating"?

I'm afraid there isn't another way of showing that the visualizations are changing.  There are various techniques for people using dashboards that refresh automatically (e.g. showing the last date it was updated), but this doesn't work when you have dynamic filters on your report page that force a re-calc on the visual.

Dan Malagari
Consultant at Headspring
1 REPLY 1
malagari Member

Re: Another way to show when Power BI is "calculating"?

I'm afraid there isn't another way of showing that the visualizations are changing.  There are various techniques for people using dashboards that refresh automatically (e.g. showing the last date it was updated), but this doesn't work when you have dynamic filters on your report page that force a re-calc on the visual.

Dan Malagari
Consultant at Headspring

Helpful resources

Announcements
GregDeckler

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Power BI Super User, Greg Deckler, explains

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Back to School Contest

Back to School Contest

Engage and empower students with Power BI!

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Top Ideas
Users Online
Currently online: 39 members 1,046 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: