cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
soldstatic Resolver I
Resolver I

Another "Resultset of a query exceded maximum allowed size" Issue.

I have a measure called "Customer filter message" that checks to see how many rows from a particular table are currently selected. I would like to use this measure as a 'filter' on multiple visuals to hide all results until enough slicers have been applied to reduce the number of results. I can't get this to work properly, it's like it's still executing this measure once per row on the visuals (ie table).

The visual is set up to filter when the message does not contain the word 'Please', making it easy to change what is effectively a TOPN criteria to different values.

Customers Filter Message = if([Selected Customer Count]<200,[Selected Customer Count]&" results."
,[Selected Customer Count]&" results. Please filter the data until fewer than 200 results are returned in order to see details.")
Selected Customer Count = CALCULATE(countrows(Customers),ALLSELECTED(Customers))

Any ideas?

image.png

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Another "Resultset of a query exceded maximum allowed size" Issue.

Hi @soldstatic ,

You could use the function of TOPN to create a measure to display the top n values directly without using the filter on the visual.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

‘Better Together’ Integration Forum Launch

We've launched a how-to forum where you can learn about how Power BI integrates with other Power Platform products.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors