Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

soldstatic
Resolver I
Resolver I

Another "Resultset of a query exceded maximum allowed size" Issue.

I have a measure called "Customer filter message" that checks to see how many rows from a particular table are currently selected. I would like to use this measure as a 'filter' on multiple visuals to hide all results until enough slicers have been applied to reduce the number of results. I can't get this to work properly, it's like it's still executing this measure once per row on the visuals (ie table).

The visual is set up to filter when the message does not contain the word 'Please', making it easy to change what is effectively a TOPN criteria to different values.

Customers Filter Message = if([Selected Customer Count]<200,[Selected Customer Count]&" results."
,[Selected Customer Count]&" results. Please filter the data until fewer than 200 results are returned in order to see details.")
Selected Customer Count = CALCULATE(countrows(Customers),ALLSELECTED(Customers))

Any ideas?

image.png

1 REPLY 1
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @soldstatic ,

You could use the function of TOPN to create a measure to display the top n values directly without using the filter on the visual.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.