Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mark_carlisle
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Anonymising names

We have a report that shows our KPI's and an individuals performances against those KPI's. This report shows all the employees along with their names so anyone can see how everyone else is performing.

We have had a request from an employee that they want to invoke their right to privacy under GDPR and be removed from these reports and our HR seem to agree with this.

This is on a report that is manually put together at the moment but we are working on automating this via Power BI and the current design rightly or wrongly has not accounted for this sort of request as its a very open culture on performance and stats.

We still want employees to be able to see how they are performing compared to their colleagues so we still need to display other peoples figures. So is there a way that the person viewing the report can see their name but the names of their colleagues would be asterisk's? That way we're anonymising the data of the other employee's?

If this is not possible then guides on row level security that show/demo how managers can see their teams data but front line colleauges can't see their colleagues data would be appriciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

have you considered applying row level security on individual data and then creating anonymized benchmark dataset available to everyone? that's how I would approach it, but I must say I'm really curious what others have to say

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

I thought RLS would be the answer. Could you point me in the direction of any guides on what you have advised?

try this
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-rls

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.