cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbuhary Helper I
Helper I

Annualize current year Sales and rank top gainers and losers against last year

I need to RANKX in my database based on Sales this year vs Last year top Gainers and Losers.

But since my current fiscal year is still incomplete I would like to annualize my current yeat numers before comparing for Ranking.

Also I would like to Rank only my VIP Customers so I need to filter in that condition as well.

[StoreCode] [StoreName] [Date] [Year] [CustomerID] [CustomerName] [VIP_Yes/No] [Sales]

Any help is appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
Super User I
Super User I

Re: Annualize current year Sales and rank top gainers and losers against last year

Hi @mbuhary

Please upload some sample data and the output desired to googledrive or onedrive and share the link to find a solution.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!
mbuhary Helper I
Helper I

Re: Annualize current year Sales and rank top gainers and losers against last year

Super User I
Super User I

Hi @mbuhary

Got your data set.  Need the follwing clarifications.

a)  Is the year based on calendar year Jan - Dec or different ?

b) What is the logic for generating the annualised sales for remaining months of current year ?

c) Can you do a manual computation of the result expected from the dataset shared and send it .

You could send me a private message instead of replying here to avoid too many conversations until a solution is found.

Cheers

Cheenusing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!
mbuhary Helper I
Helper I

a) yes the year is Jan to Dec

b) current year sales divided by (max date - 31st Dec Last year) Times 365

c) based on the current available data if we apply the above calculation to Year on Year Growth the Ranks should be as follows:

A Bnk Rank 1 (Growth 128%)

IC BK U Rank 2 (Growth 56%)

Similarly we have to rank if there are any negative number as well, ranking the lowest as Rank 1 most loser and so on.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors