Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Alex1209
Regular Visitor

Animation Filter that Shows Cumulative Data Over Time

I am working on a map that shows sales per zip code across the USA. Currently I am using the map vizulatization and the play axis visualization. I have also tried using the drilldown player. I want to click play and see how sales accumulate across the map over time. Instead, when the Play Axis runs, it shows me one day, then the next, and the next; but it does not retain the data from the previous days.

Essentially my issue is that these animations are acting like a single slect filter; selecting one day, then deselecting that day and moving to the next day. I want a multi select filter animation, it selects the first day, then adds the second days data, and the thrids, etc.

Any ideas how to achieve this? 

I want an animated version of what i am doing below:

Multi Select Filter.gif

Instead today when I run Play Axis I get this:

Pay Axis Running.gif

10 REPLIES 10
markjp

Hi I am currently trying to find a solution for this right now, anything worked? Thank you

I had to import an excel file with a table of cumulative dates, like this one

pablozunigag_0-1697549152270.png

It works perfectly

Yishai
Regular Visitor

upvote +1.  any solutions?

Happy_moh

Hi,

Did you get a solution for this? I am facing the same challenge, kindly help.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Alex1209 you need to create cummulative sales measure and use that for bubble then it will work as expected. Try following for cummulative sales

Running Sales = 
CALCULATE( SUM( Table[Sales] ),
FILTER( ALL( Table ), Table[Date] <= MAX( Table[Date] )  )
)

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Thanks for the reply!

I tried entering your measure, and the measure worked but it did not produce the effect desired. Here is the measure I entered:

"Running Sales = CALCULATE(sum(Sales[Revenue]),filter(all(Sales),Sales[Date]<=max(Sales[Date])))"

And the behavior is still showing one day, then jump to the next, and the next; as seen below:

Pay Axis Running V2.gif

I believe it may have to due with how my data is set-up. I have one sales table with Date, Model, Zip Code and Revenue. On the Jan 1 there is a sale in zip code 43064. But on Jan 2 there is no sale in zip 43064. Therefore, when the animation is on Jan 2, the bubble over zip 43064 disappears. I want the data from Jan 1 to remain on the map, and add the data from Jan 2 to it when the animation runs.

Sales Table.JPG

Adding a cumulative sales meausre would only work if there were record for every zip code, every day, which there is not.

I am thinking about that correctly? I am still very new to PowerBI so feel free to tell me if I am totally off base.

@Alex1209 are you ok to share your pbix file using onedrive/google drive, remove sensitive informaiton 

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

Yep, here is a link. Let me know if you have any issues downlaoding it. I removed the "Model" column for scrubbing reasons.  Essentially each row is a record of a sale of a model in a certain zip code and the revenue from that sale.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PUQpCxBkHiDP-8twj6kaISpCB7gMnZo1

Thanks again.

Do you have any solution for this? Thanks

@Alex1209 Hey sorry for late reply I think I got the idea on how to resolve it, I need to do some data transformation in Power Query, could you please share the excel file you used in this report so that I can do Power Query steps. Cheers!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.