Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Analyze in excel with B2b users with RLS Applied and Internal mebers of view only content

hi

i have few internal business users where they are much interested with excel analysis and they need the feature of analyze in excel optiion for dashboards but they are the members added in workspace to view the dashboards/reports . My question here will these internal business members will be abe to see analyze in excel option  when they login in service ?. one more question is there any limitations of rows export to .odc export ?. I see there are limitations if we use export to excel with summarized and underlyin data with csv and excel . I want to check if there is any limitation as such with Analyze in excel?.

I have another set of external users where RLS applied and i publisging the reports through app and they are consuiming it and we added them in azure portal with guest users functionality and roles are created accoridingly in desktop for security limitaions . I wanted to check will analyze in excel option will be available to these users also ?. since RLS applied i just to confirm only record set particluar to user login will download for them ?.

Any thoughts or experience on this is highly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

Check out the latest functionality added for Azure B2B scenario today.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/azure-ad-b2b-guest-users-can-now-edit-and-manage-content-in-power-bi-to-collaborate-better-across-organizations/

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Anonymous 

Check out the latest functionality added for Azure B2B scenario today.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/azure-ad-b2b-guest-users-can-now-edit-and-manage-content-in-power-bi-to-collaborate-better-across-organizations/

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.