Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bhanuregonda
Regular Visitor

Analyze in Excel

Hi,

I have a powerbi report in which I have YTD calculated measure and I am getting the correct result in power BI for the %YTD value out of it, but when I am analyzing that report in Excel - I am not getting the same values as in Power bi in that column. Not sure why is it different from power bi to analyze excel.

Please help me with this.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have resolved this issue by removing Calendar dimension's Month and Year and replaced them with Dates which i have in FactTable dimension itself. Not sure why the month and year are causing an issue in excel but not in power bi.

Thanks all for looking into this.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Interkoubess
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @bhanuregonda,

Could you please send or show us the sample data where you have your difference.

We will try to figure out.

Ninter

Not sure how can I share the data as it is huge. Basically, we have YTD calculated on fields and calculating %Revenue out of this YTD with the following expression in power bi which is getting perfect results in BI but the same calculation values are wrong when i analyze it in Excel.

%Dummy = calculate(divide([MthActual],calculate(sum(FactTable[Amount]), ALLEXCEPT('FactTable', FactTable[CompanyName],CalendarDay[Date].[Year],CalendarDay[Date].[Month]),'FactTable'[TopLevelSegmentName]="Total Revenue"))) 

I have resolved this issue by removing Calendar dimension's Month and Year and replaced them with Dates which i have in FactTable dimension itself. Not sure why the month and year are causing an issue in excel but not in power bi.

Thanks all for looking into this.

Hi @bhanuregonda,

You can share a link ( or a pbix file if it does not contain sensitive information ) on dropbox or other shared tools in order to look deeper in your request.

Otherwise I cannot figure out or  other members will reply.

Ninter

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.