Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Analyze in Excel PivotTables do not support aggregation of numeric fields.

Hello,

I have certain fields such as unit cost, quantity etc. in my datset but i just read that after using analyze in excel feature,Excel PivotTables do not support drag-and-drop aggregation of numeric fields as in the microsoft doc.

How can i convert these fields into measures to support the aggregation or any other way by which i can add these fields in the values of the pivot table.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 
I am afraid you can only use predefined measure that means you have to create measures before you analyze in excel.

See Requirements

"Excel PivotTables do not support drag-and-drop aggregation of numeric fields. Your dataset in Power BI must have pre-defined measures. Read about creating measures."

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 
I am afraid you can only use predefined measure that means you have to create measures before you analyze in excel.

See Requirements

"Excel PivotTables do not support drag-and-drop aggregation of numeric fields. Your dataset in Power BI must have pre-defined measures. Read about creating measures."

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.