Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Analyze - Explain the increase

Hi

I've seen a few posts about this but I couldn't see a definitive reply, so i thought i'd ask.

Does anyone know why i can see the Analyze - "Explain the increase/decrease" option when you right click on a graph, in  PBI Desktop but NOT when i publish to PBI Service. 

My model links to a server, fully automated, (no excel files uploaded etc), could it be that this option isnt supported in service because of that? Strange how it works on my desktop version, but the end user cant use this feature (which they previously used alot and are used to it.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Apologies if the answer is out there somewhere, and im cross posting 🙂

Thanks

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft  - Thanks for your reply. I found a fix and a similar related post from JSummergill, that was essentially my issue.

@JSummersgill  Hi, I just read your post as I'm encountering the exact same issue. I appear to have resolved it now, after breaking my report apart in stages. 

My Fact tables are linked to CRM tables also (Dynamics 365), and it appears the Row Level Security was cusing me problems in the PBI service. I've since removed them and the Analyze function comes back in Service. 

I'm about to start research now on how to introduce RLS without causing this issue, unless it has trouble when linking to Dynamics. 

Anyways, in case this helps anyone else with this issue, it solved my problem as a short term fix. 

Regards

Ben

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

It works fine for me. You may take a good look at Use insights to explain increases and decreases.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft  - Thanks for your reply. I found a fix and a similar related post from JSummergill, that was essentially my issue.

@JSummersgill  Hi, I just read your post as I'm encountering the exact same issue. I appear to have resolved it now, after breaking my report apart in stages. 

My Fact tables are linked to CRM tables also (Dynamics 365), and it appears the Row Level Security was cusing me problems in the PBI service. I've since removed them and the Analyze function comes back in Service. 

I'm about to start research now on how to introduce RLS without causing this issue, unless it has trouble when linking to Dynamics. 

Anyways, in case this helps anyone else with this issue, it solved my problem as a short term fix. 

Regards

Ben

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.