cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tjd Established Member
Established Member

Analytics Pane Problem?

I am using the 2.40.4554.463 64-bit (October 2016) version of Power BI desktop.  When I attempt to use the analytics pane, I only get the "Constant Line" option.  Am I not supposed to get a choice of options with this version?

AnalyticsPane.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
deldersveld
Advisor

Re: Analytics Pane Problem?

The Analytics Pane depends on the visual. The bar chart does not have much, but charts such as Line and Scatterplot have more robust options.

v-haibl-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@tjd

Please look at the “Limitations” section in this official document to see which dynamic reference lines can be used in different visuals.

Best Regards,

Herbert

4 REPLIES 4
deldersveld
Advisor

The Analytics Pane depends on the visual. The bar chart does not have much, but charts such as Line and Scatterplot have more robust options.

tjd Established Member
Established Member

You're correct.  Looks like I have to use the clustered bar chart visual instead of the basic bar chart.  One wonders why the full complement of analytics from the clustered bar chart is not available for basic bar chart?

v-haibl-msft Super Contributor
Super Contributor

@tjd

Please look at the “Limitations” section in this official document to see which dynamic reference lines can be used in different visuals.

Best Regards,

Herbert

Highlighted
tjd Established Member
Established Member

Thanks guys, appreciate the information.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Can You Solve These Challenge

Challenge: Can You Solve These?

Find out how to participate in the first Power BI 'Can You Solve These?' challenge.

Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications October Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

Community Kudopalooza

Win Power BI Swag with Community Kudopalooza!

Each week, complete activities and be qualified in the drawing for cool Power BI Swag.

Users Online
Currently online: 217 members 2,188 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: