Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SajjadMousavi
Helper II
Helper II

AnalysisServices: The type initializer for 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.NamespacesMgr'

Hi.

I know that his has been asked before, but my case is totally different. I'm using PBI Desktop RS (May 2022) and have a report which has many data sources (Excel, SQL Server and SSAS). Report refresh was working find until Wednesday evening, but suddenly started giving this error from Thursday morning!

SajjadMousavi_0-1657952206731.png

I swear I didn't change ANYTHING. Tried repairing and even totally uninstalling and reinstalling Power BI installation with no luck. I can refresh my report on another computer, but not this one. SSAS connection mode is import (because it cannot be anything else). I can connect to this SSAS instance using Excel and PBI Desktop (service version) and the same credentials as Power BI on this problematic machine. I really want to know how can I fix this.

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SajjadMousavi 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

>>  I can refresh my report on another computer, but not this one. SSAS connection mode is import (because it cannot be anything else). I can connect to this SSAS instance using Excel and PBI Desktop (service version) and the same credentials as Power BI on this problematic machine. 

Is this the only computer that will report 'Microsoft.AnalysisServices.AdomdClient.NamespacesMgr' error when refreshing the file in Power BI Desktop? If yes, please check the SSAS version information on this computer and compare it with that on another computer that has no problem. I suspect that there may be a problem with some component in SSAS.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi

Yes, this is the only one giving this error, but I have not installed SSAS on this computer. If you mean the SSAS coming with Poewr BI Desktop, other computers which don't have this problem have the same version of Power BI Desktop installed (Like my own computer). So, SSAS version should be the same. Anyway, how can I check version of SSAS?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.