Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chayanupadhyay
Helper III
Helper III

AnalysisServices: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required

I am getting below error while connecting to Azure Analysis service:

Details: "AnalysisServices: The remote server returned an error: (407) Proxy Authentication Required."

Anyone can help me to troubleshoot this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I did try that but unfortunately it does not work.. but we got the solution for the issue

We have to use Proxy server instead of Automatic Configuration script...Used public IP to connect with Azure Analysis service.

Below are the steps followed, hope somebody else can benifit from this:

Go to Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings 

below settings were implemented when we were not able to connect:LAN1.JPG

Then instead of Automatic Configuration Script selected Proxy server -> Go to Advanced and enter the Public IP and Port  and check the checkbox as displayed in below snapshot:

LAN2.JPG

Click Ok and we are able to connect to Azure Analysis Service.

Thanks and Happy Learning !!!!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

@chayanupadhyay

Hi,

Please reference this post:

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/sqlserver/en-US/b81f0d7b-fdd8-41ba-a0e8-974944d3a60c/error-...

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-jiascu-msft for your reply.

As per the solution provided in shared link:
Add below code into your config file. You have to configure the proxy authenctication if your pc performs HTTP requests through a proxy. Stick the following config section in your app.config\web.config and you should be ok to move on:

<system.net>
<defaultProxy useDefaultCredentials="true"></defaultProxy>
</system.net>

I am using my company's network so can you please guide me which config file should i edit and add the above code snippet?
There may be a possibility where i don't have access to the file which needs to be edited so is there any other workaround/resolution for this issue?
Thanks !!!

@chayanupadhyay

Hi,

My pleasure. I am not quite familiar with Azure. According to the guide, it seems the files of Power BI. It depends on the path of Power BI. There are there .config file. I would modify "PBIDesktop.exe.config". Backup files before you act. 

AnalysisServices The remote server returned an error407 Proxy Authentication Required.jpg

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I did try that but unfortunately it does not work.. but we got the solution for the issue

We have to use Proxy server instead of Automatic Configuration script...Used public IP to connect with Azure Analysis service.

Below are the steps followed, hope somebody else can benifit from this:

Go to Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings 

below settings were implemented when we were not able to connect:LAN1.JPG

Then instead of Automatic Configuration Script selected Proxy server -> Go to Advanced and enter the Public IP and Port  and check the checkbox as displayed in below snapshot:

LAN2.JPG

Click Ok and we are able to connect to Azure Analysis Service.

Thanks and Happy Learning !!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.