Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JM_nxgn
Helper I
Helper I

Analysis on Incoming Data Volumes

Hi all,

I have setup a report with a scheduled refresh that goes off every two hours during the day using SQL server.

Let me set the scenario, say the refreshes occur at 8am, 10am, 12am, 2pm, 4pm, 6pm.

Is there a way for me to count the amount of data that comes in at specific time intervals? (basically the number of additional rows of data within a time interval).

For example it would look like this:

Time IntervalVolume

8:00 - 10:0010
10:00 - 12:0012
12:00 - 14:0013
14:00 -16:0026
16:00 -18:0035
18:00-20:005

Total101

So at each interval after the refresh, we bucket the amount of incoming data as above.

Any ideas how I can go about doing this?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JM_nxgn 

Based on my research, there's no direct way to achieve this. but you can refer to this post for a workaround:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/store-historical-data-from-Power-BI-Online/td-p/127700

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JM_nxgn 

Based on my research, there's no direct way to achieve this. but you can refer to this post for a workaround:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/store-historical-data-from-Power-BI-Online/td-p/127700

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

@v-diye-msft 

Yeah I was hoping for a more elegant solution, but I think this will have to do for now. 

I'll mark this as a solution for now. Hopefully there might be additional functionality to make this a lot easier in the future, but I guess the use cases are not prevalent enough.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.