Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Analysis Services Translation

Hello..

when I was using Powerview and Excel I was using BIDS helper to translate my model

and I use with my connection a Locale Idintefire  = "somenumber of my language"

and then it will pull the columns and measures translated as I put in BIDS Helper,,,

I don't know how to reflect that translation in Power BI...

if is it possible can anyone tell me how to do it with screenshots!

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any news for this basic feature???? Oh my god 😞

Hi,

Do you have any news on this feature ?

Or tips to simulate the translation ?

Regards

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous

As mentioned in document, the translation feature is not supported when connectin SSAS multidimensional model. 

I have tested before. When connect multidimensional model in Power BI Desktop, it will take current system language to render the metadata in corresponding language. I may work if you apply Locale ID when openning connection. However, it's not supportd to edit the connection string within Power BI Desktop. So for your requirement, it can't be achieved in that way you expected.

Regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Simon_Hou-MSFT wrote:

@Anonymous

As mentioned in document, the translation feature is not supported when connectin SSAS multidimensional model. 

I have tested before. When connect multidimensional model in Power BI Desktop, it will take current system language to render the metadata in corresponding language. I may work if you apply Locale ID when openning connection. However, it's not supportd to edit the connection string within Power BI Desktop. So for your requirement, it can't be achieved in that way you expected.

Regards,

I'm using tabular not multiD... how about it?
H

Hi,

Did you find any option to edit live connection to SSAS?

I have the same issue and I'm steel looking for a solution.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

any news?

Hi,

Juste to shar with you a point.

When using PBI Report Sever on premises, the live connection to SSAS load the correct language and we are also able to update the connection string after the report is publish to local server.

I did not check for PBI Services. I don't have an active access.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently, PowerBI Service shows always English captions even there are translations in other languages.

This is happening with Live Connection on Multidimensional Model on Analysis Services.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.