Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Analysis Services Refresh Issues

Hello everyone. I have a question regarding dashboards using Analysis Services connection. I have a connection to a cube, which was then used to build a dashboard. Works great, until I upgrade to new version. It refreshes, but weird things happen such as fields I selected for certain visuals are not what they actually are. I don't know how to resolve this. Has anyone experienced this before and if so, what steps weret taken to resolve the issue. I don't want to be limited on staying with only one version. I would like to conitinue upgrading as new features roll out. 

Any help would be appreciated, 

Thanks! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem was that during my dashboard creation process, I had an Applied Step in my cube to remove a column that I didn't need. Since I had multiple data sources, sql tables and a cube, I had to use the import option. When refreshing after upgrade, that step to remove the column caused the failure. I removed the step, and when straight to the Added Items for the cube source, and filtered the columns that I didn't need there. Works perfectly. Seems like a pretty unique circumstance but, maybe someone might find my error fix useful!

Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Sunkari
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Is upgrade of Power BI Desktop or analysis service model?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power BI Desktop.

The dashboard works fine on the March version of Power BI. Fails on the April and May versions. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind, fixed it! 

Hi @Anonymous,

Glad to hear the issue is solved, you can share solution here and mark it an answer, that way, other community members could benefit from your solution.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The problem was that during my dashboard creation process, I had an Applied Step in my cube to remove a column that I didn't need. Since I had multiple data sources, sql tables and a cube, I had to use the import option. When refreshing after upgrade, that step to remove the column caused the failure. I removed the step, and when straight to the Added Items for the cube source, and filtered the columns that I didn't need there. Works perfectly. Seems like a pretty unique circumstance but, maybe someone might find my error fix useful!

Smiley Happy

@v-yuezhe-msft: Thanks for efforts for community members growth . I appreciate it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.