Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Analysis Services Importing with filter doesn't load model measures

Hi everyone,

See illustration below, when I import the table to Power BI without any MDX or DAX filtering statement I get a list of all the table columns and the related measures to import:

However when I write a DAX statement to filter the table while importing it, the measures are left behind and not imported:

2 REPLIES 2
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Does that make sense? Would you mind marking the helpful reply as a answer? So that we are able to close the thread. More people who have the same confusion will understand it and benefit from here.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-xuding-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

It is by design. When we use MDX or DAX to connect data source, it will show the query results in the Query Editor. If we want to show the list of tables, we need to import directly as you tried.

If you want to view the filtered table before import, I think you might need to create a new filtered table in AS. Then import it into Power BI.  Otherwise, you could choose the tables and then transform the data in the Query Editor to get what you want.

Best Regards,

Xue Ding

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,
Xue Ding
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.