Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

willnic
Advocate II
Advocate II

Analysis Services Database query not returning all rows

I have models where I am dumping data from a tabular model using the Get Data > SSAS Database functionality. Recently (sometime over the last two weeks) the query editor started cutting off the rows returned. I have a copy of the model I refreshed two weeks ago that had approximately 24 million rows. Now today when I refreshed the query/table, it is only pulling in 17 million rows (I didn't make any changes to the query). The data should have grown as I am pulling sales at the weekly level. I compared the data coming through the query to my tabular model and confirmed that it is simply cutting off, as no data exists for stores after a certain point. I have tested this out on several models and it appears the query is only pulling approximately 60-70% of the rows it should be bringing back.

Anyone having issues like this? I'm wondering if it has something to do with the latest version of Power BI Desktop. I pulled the data through PowerPivot and it returned all the rows, so the issue doesn't appear to be related to my underlying data.

5 REPLIES 5
greggyb
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Any reason you aren't using Live Explore with the SSAS source?

I am dumping data into Power BI in order to manage permissions so users only see a filtered version of the data, not the full dataset. We don't have permissions on our full tabular model, so by dumping I can filter in PowerBI edit query to only one region for which certain users should access.

Same here, when refreshing randomly gets X number of rows... really freaky stuff, clueless as to where is the problem

Does that only work with the BI and Enterprise versions and not Standard SSAS?  Maybe he only has SSAS Standard?

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

I have 2014 Enterprise, having the same issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.