Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

amalekshahi
Frequent Visitor

Analysis Services Connector on WOkrGroup SSAS server (no AD)

Hi,

Our SSAS server (Tabular) is on an AWS EC2 server (no AD). Users aren't part of any AD too. When I install and configure the Connector on SSAS server, I get this error message:

Power BI user name ‘MY_COMPANY_EMAIL_ADDRESS’ cannot connect to ‘MYSSASSERVER:PORT#’ Analysis Services Server due to an effective user name mismatch.

How can I pass the security and enable SSAS connector as a propxy to connect outside users to our SSAS server?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You can't

Your AS box has to be domain joined and your domain has to be synced with Azure AD for your Power BI tenant.  Furthermore, your external users have to be members of your domain.  Sharing with users outside of your domain is not currently supported.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
billzhang1123
Helper II
Helper II

So this didn't work for you in the end?

Any update on this yet? Can I connect to Analysis Services with no AD? Any tweaks around mapping users?

No change there..   Connecting to Analysis Services On Prem requires a domain joined account.

andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You can't

Your AS box has to be domain joined and your domain has to be synced with Azure AD for your Power BI tenant.  Furthermore, your external users have to be members of your domain.  Sharing with users outside of your domain is not currently supported.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.