Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CorneelMartensP

Analysing customer data

Hi! 

I have a dataset with the following tables (data is of grocery stores):

- sales (collumns of importance: date; customer id; receipt id; price; )
- customers (email, customer ID)
- receipts (ID; date)

I would like to be able to segment the customers in different groups of how active they are (>3 visits/week; >1 visit/week; >1 visit/month ...). In that way I would be able to compare basket size, revenue and so on for those types of customers.  A customer can change from a group, so it has to be time sensitive. I would like to calculate of each customer which type of customer they were on a certain date in the past (based on the average sales data two months prior to that certain date).
So I assume i have to create a measure; But when I do I can't use the different groups of customers as a legend. Nor can I do percentage calculations. If I generate a new collumn, than I only have the customers group that is valid right now. 
How should I solve this? 

This is my current measurement

TypeCustomer= 
   if(calculate(DISTINCTCOUNT('public sales_receipt'[id]), DATESINPERIOD(sale[datetime].[Date], 
max(sale[datetime]), -63, DAY))>27, "Frequent: >3/week", 
    if(calculate(DISTINCTCOUNT('public sales_receipt'[id]), DATESINPERIOD(sale[datetime].[Date], max(sale[datetime]), -63, DAY))>9, "ActiveClient: >1x/week", 
    if(calculate(DISTINCTCOUNT('public sales_receipt'[id]), DATESINPERIOD(sale[datetime].[Date], max(sale[datetime]), -63, DAY))>2, "SporadicClient: >1x/maand","")))

Thank you!

Corneel

1 REPLY 1
Ashish_Mathur
Super User
Super User

Hi,

I cannot visualise the sructure of your report.  Would you select a particular date in slicer and then see if for 10 weeks ended on that day, the buyer bought >3 times per week (average), > 1 time per week (average)?

Please clarify.

Regards,
Ashish Mathur
http://www.ashishmathur.com
https://www.linkedin.com/in/excelenthusiasts/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.