Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sabrinekalbousi

Analysing Power BI Pax Data: checking people travelling together

Hello Power BI people 🙂

I have created a fact table called fbo_fact_crew_pax with these details:

(

[crew_member_id]

,[fbo_id]
,[departure_airport_id]
,[arrival_airport_id]
,[mvt_date]
,[aircraft_id]
,[order_detail_id]
,[flight_type_id]
,[contact_id]
,[is_arrival] )  and for sure other dimensions such as contact_dim with contact id,contact type ( pax or crew)etc.

I want to reply to these questions, but I don't know exactly how to implement the  solution:

- Do the pax have prefereed destinations or routes?

- Do the pax travel together?

How many times has a Pax visited a certain FBO? Have they visited more than 1 FBO?

Thanks for any help 🙂 

Sabrine

4 REPLIES 4
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@sabrinekalbousi Sorry, having trouble following, can you post sample data as text and expected output?

Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@sabrinekalbousi , You can create count the Destination wise and create a pax wise rank and Rank one preferred destination

IN case overall TOP N on destination

Pax travel together , either by some ticket information or market basket analysis

https://finance-bi.com/power-bi-basket-analysis/

thanks for your reply. I will have a look again and I will update the request to be more general as you mentionned.

Sabrine

amitjzaveri
Resolver II
Resolver II

@sabrinekalbousi The questions you have posted are pretty broad and more conveniently answerable by people who are from this domain. I would suggest 2 things 1) To simplify these questions and ask 2) Show data snapshot (dummy or part) so you get the exact solution from the technical point of view

E.g. Do the pax have prefereed destinations or routes? could be asked as "I want to get unique count of passengers for each destination and / or route". A lot of people will not understand terms like pax.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.