Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

haassiej
Helper I
Helper I

An item with the same key has already been added - since July 2017 update

Hello,

I'm working on a project in Power BI. But i've updated to the July version. And when I'll go to de "Query Editor" I receive the error below. Does somebody know a solution? I can't edit my project source right now.

Unexpected error: An item with the same key has already been added.
Details:
    Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.ErrorException: An item with the same key has already been added. ---> System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added. ---> System.ArgumentException: An item with the same key has already been added.
   at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentException(ExceptionResource resource)
   at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.Insert(TKey key, TValue value, Boolean add)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.EngineHost.Services.DiskPersistentCache.PersistentDictionary.<>c__DisplayClass24.<ReadBucket>b__23()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.EngineHost.Services.FileSystemAccessHelper.<>c__DisplayClass4.<IgnoringAccessExceptions>b__3()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.EngineHost.Services.FileSystemAccessHelper.TryIgnoringAccessExceptions[T](Func`1 func, IEvaluationConstants evaluationConstants, T& result, Exception& accessException)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.EngineHost.Services.FileSystemAccessHelper.IgnoringAccessExceptions(Action action, IEvaluationConstants evaluationConstants)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.EngineHost.Services.DiskPersistentCache.PersistentDictionary.TryGetKeyValues(Dictionary`2& dictionary)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.EngineHost.Services.DiskPersistentCache._DeleteFiles()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.EngineHost.Services.DiskPersistentCache.DeleteFiles()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.EngineHost.Services.DiskPersistentCache.Purge()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.EngineHost.Services.DiskPersistentCache.CommitStream(String key, CommitFileStream commitStream)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.EngineHost.Services.WriteBehindPersistentCache.AsyncCommitStorage(String key, TemporaryStorage storage)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.EngineHost.Services.WriteBehindPersistentCache.AsyncCommitStorage(Object obj)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluatorThreadPool.EvaluatorThread(Object state)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SafeThread2.<>c__DisplayClass15.<CreateAction>b__14(Object o)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.<>c__DisplayClass7.<TryReportException>b__6()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Common.SafeExceptions.IgnoreSafeExceptions(IEngineHost host, IHostTrace trace, Action action)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.TryReportException(IHostTrace trace, IEngineHost engineHost, IMessageChannel channel, Exception exception)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.TryHandleException(Exception exception)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SafeThread2.HandleException(Exception e)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.SafeThread2.<>c__DisplayClass15.<CreateAction>b__14(Object o)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart(Object obj)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.EvaluationHost.OnException(IEngineHost engineHost, IMessageChannel channel, ExceptionMessage message)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.TryDispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.Dispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.ChannelMessageHandlers.TryDispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.Dispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.OnMessageWithUnknownChannel(IMessageChannel baseChannel, MessageWithUnknownChannel messageWithUnknownChannel)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.MessageHandlers.TryDispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.ChannelMessenger.ChannelMessageHandlers.TryDispatch(IMessageChannel channel, Message message)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.IMessageChannelExtensions.WaitFor[T](IMessageChannel channel)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemotePreviewValueSource.PreviewValueSource.WaitFor(Func`1 condition, Boolean disposing)
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.RemotePreviewValueSource.PreviewValueSource.get_TableSource()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Evaluator.Interface.TracingPreviewValueSource.get_TableSource()
   at Microsoft.Mashup.Host.Document.Analysis.PackageDocumentAnalysisInfo.PackagePartitionAnalysisInfo.SetPreviewValue(EvaluationResult2`1 result, Func`1 getStaleSince, Func`1 getSampled)
2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @haassiej,

I just verified that I don't have this issue with the latest version(2.48.4792.721 64-bit (July 2017)) of Power BI Desktop on my environment.

What's your data source? Does this issue happen to all your Power BI Desktop(pbix) files or just a single pbix file?

Could you share a pbix file with just some sample/mock data which can reproduce the issue, so that we can help further investigate on it? Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft,

Thanks for your reply! 

My datasource are files from a sharepoint folder. I figured out that when I open this file on a windows only environment it works. When I open the file in my mac/parallel environment, I get this error. 

On the mac/parralel environment I get the error with every pbix file.

I'll share a pbix file with you, if I can share it private with you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.