Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nicktayl
Helper I
Helper I

An argument of function 'ROUND' has the wrong data type or the result is too large or too small.

I'm not understanding why this error is coming up since none of the input values are numbers and the values are not too small. 

Capture.PNG

LTV Calc = If(tbl_kpi[LTV Calc Flag]="Exclude",0,
round((tbl_kpi[Combined Loan Amount]-tbl_kpi[Construction Holdback - Risk Basis]-tbl_kpi[Interest Reserve]-tbl_kpi[X-Collateral _Construction Holdback])/
tbl_kpi[LTV As-Is],3))

An argument of function 'ROUND' has the wrong data type or the result is too large or too small.

It works fine without the "ROUND" function:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
MyroslavaM
Advocate I
Advocate I

I had the same error due to infinity. when you cannot divide by 0. added DIVIDE and that worked.

IlyaK
Regular Visitor

Hi,

Try to make it like this ROUND(IFERROR(...,0))

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same problem which appeard out of nowhere. Yesterday it worked and today it doesn't.

Here is the solution...

In Qeury editor:

1. replace "null" (without quotation marks of course) values with 0

2. change the column type to "Whole number". I had "Decimal number" and somehow it did not work.

dearwatson
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hmm.. wierd... any nulls in the columns? Are all the columns number or decimal type?

also try using DIVIDE so instead of the (Column1-Column2)/(Column3) try ROUND(DIVIDE((Column1-Column2),Column3,0),3)

If thats not it I have no idea.

Greg

"The commonality between science and art is in trying to see profoundly - to develop strategies of seeing and showing." - Edward Tufte

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.