Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

I_NeedMorePower
Helper III
Helper III

An Already Developed Report for a Customer, How To Use it for Another Customer?

Hello power family!

I developed a report for a customer who has Dynamics 365, and I want to use the same report for another customer who has a Dynamics 365 too.

How can I change the datasource from the first customer's Dynamics 365 to the 2nd customer's D365?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You could open the report, go to the Query Editor, open the Advanced Query Editor and change the URL pointing to the original D365 env to the URL of the new D365. This will work smooth when you haven't imported any customized entities (tables) from Dynamics 365, because otherwise you will get errors as your Power Query code (M code) doesn't line up with the source data. 

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Keep those thumbs up coming! 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

You could open the report, go to the Query Editor, open the Advanced Query Editor and change the URL pointing to the original D365 env to the URL of the new D365. This will work smooth when you haven't imported any customized entities (tables) from Dynamics 365, because otherwise you will get errors as your Power Query code (M code) doesn't line up with the source data. 

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Keep those thumbs up coming! 🙂

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.