Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tvalente
Helper I
Helper I

Amending DAX to be YTD when current year and FULL when prior years

Hi All,

I am amending a report built by my predecessor and there's a requirement to have a PY YTD comparison.

This is my attempt below. SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR will only work if I filter the required months in the current non complete year. How do I avoid having to do this behavior?

Avg Personal Leave Taken PY =
VAR MyTable =
ADDCOLUMNS(
GROUPBY(Employees, Employees[EmployeeNo]),
"Leave Days",
CALCULATE(COUNT(Leave[ApplyDate]),
SAMEPERIODLASTYEAR(Dates[Date]),
Leave[Description] in {"PERS WOC", "PERS WC", "PERS SD"}))

RETURN
AVERAGEX(MyTable,
[Leave Days])
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@tvalente , these are examples of Last year data you can get

Last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year),"12/31"))
Year behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year))

This Year = CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year])))
Last Year = CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year])-1))

This one is based on today, no need of a date selection
LYTD =
var _min = date(year(today())-1,1,1)
var _max = date(year(today())-1,month(today()),day(today()))
var _day = datediff(_min, _max,day)+1
return
CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year] = year(Today())-1 && 'Date'[Day of Year] <= _max))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @tvalente ,

Does the replies above solve your problem? If it has been solved, please mark the correct reply as the standard answer to help the other members find it more quickly.Thank you very much for your kind cooperation!

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@tvalente , these are examples of Last year data you can get

Last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year),"12/31"))
Year behind Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Sales[Sales Amount]),dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year))

This Year = CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year])))
Last Year = CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Qty]),filter(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year]=max('Date'[Year])-1))

This one is based on today, no need of a date selection
LYTD =
var _min = date(year(today())-1,1,1)
var _max = date(year(today())-1,month(today()),day(today()))
var _day = datediff(_min, _max,day)+1
return
CALCULATE(sum('Table'[Qty]), FILTER(ALL('Date'),'Date'[Year] = year(Today())-1 && 'Date'[Day of Year] <= _max))

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.