Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

B_atWork
Frequent Visitor

Ambiguity between tables

Hi Community,

I am trying to link our accounts in CRM to website activity in Google Analytics (GA) by using both service providers and network domains (fields in GA). I have pulled tables for our Accounts in CRM, Network Domains in GA, Service Providers in GA, and web page statistics. When I try to activate the relationship between Network and All Website Data, I get the message "You can't create a direct active relationship between ... because that would introduce ambiguity between accounts and All Website Data. ..." 

pbi ambiguity.PNG

I was thinking of creating a combined primary key consisting of Network Domain and Service Provider, but some Accounts have varying numbers of Network domains and Service Providers and some that have Network Domains but no service providers. 

Ultimately I'd like to have a report that allows me to select a sales rep, show their accounts and then drill down into the website activity regardless of the Network Domain or Service Provider. 

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Lind25
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi

Your statement "some Accounts have varying numbers of Network domains and Service Providers and some that have Network Domains but no service providers" is why you cannot create the relationship - from your explanation there is no clear single way to filter the data.

Your new primary key approach is best. I would join your accounts, network and acct tables in to one dimension table and relate this to your all website table with your new primary key.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Lind25
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi

Your statement "some Accounts have varying numbers of Network domains and Service Providers and some that have Network Domains but no service providers" is why you cannot create the relationship - from your explanation there is no clear single way to filter the data.

Your new primary key approach is best. I would join your accounts, network and acct tables in to one dimension table and relate this to your all website table with your new primary key.

Thank you, @Lind25. I'm sure this will eventually work. However, once I tried to join the tables I ran into another a problem relating them to each other because there were no unique entries in one table. 

Now I am having issues connecting to GA because I exceeded the daily limit, so this project is on hold at the moment.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.