Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ambiguity between data table tables (date)

Hi every one,

There are 3 tables with each one a date column (dd/mm/yyyy)

I created 1 another table X with calendar = ("01/01/2018";31/12/2020") 

Then I link these 3 tables to the table X with the date column

So I have 2 corrects and 1 wrong links (1..*)  and it say I CAN NOT CREATE THE 3rd RELATION because it could create ambiguity between the table X and 2 others tables .

Could you explain me why and how can resolve it please ? 

Thank you guys !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Going from calendar-> Counter Flaws

One path is along the relationship connecting both tables. Calendar-> Counter Flaws

The second path would be from Calendar->vWebSitesEform-> vWebSites->Counter Flaws

Powerbi wouldn't let the relationship be created from Calendar->vWebSitesEform because it can't allow 2 paths from calendar-> Counter Flaws.  Because it doesn't know which way to go (path 1 or path 2).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

If the tables are unrelated and columns from one table don't have a dependency on another then you won't get that message.

So I suspect there is another path (via relationships) that connect the third table to table 1 or table 2.

Can you show us a picture of the relationships?

Anonymous
Not applicable

You're right about it 

Capture.PNG I changed the relation between vWebsitesEform and vWebsites by (*..1) and the direction of filter from vWebsite to vWebSitesEform . The result is i can active now the link between Calendar and vWebSitesEform.

But I don't understand the reason. Could you explain me please ?

Going from calendar-> Counter Flaws

One path is along the relationship connecting both tables. Calendar-> Counter Flaws

The second path would be from Calendar->vWebSitesEform-> vWebSites->Counter Flaws

Powerbi wouldn't let the relationship be created from Calendar->vWebSitesEform because it can't allow 2 paths from calendar-> Counter Flaws.  Because it doesn't know which way to go (path 1 or path 2).

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand now. Thank you so much !

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

There should not be two-path to reach from the date table to another table.

Let Date -> A,

A-B.

Date -> B

It means the Date to B has two paths.

Also if needed you can convert date to mm/dd/yyyy

mid(DD__MM__YY[Date],4,2) &"/"& left(DD__MM__YY[Date],2) & "/" & right(DD__MM__YY[Date],4)

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution. In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @
Thanks. My Recent Blog -
Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-with-Winners , HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-trend
Power-BI-Working-with-Non-Standard-Time-Periods And Comparing-Data-Across-Date-Ranges

Connect on Linkedin

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry but I don't understand at all what did you say 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.