Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Andrew_na_lang
Helper IV
Helper IV

Amazon redshift SQL query to power bi dataflow

Hi Power Bi fam,

I have a query on Amazon Redshift that I want to use as one of my Power bi Dataflow. 

Is there a possible way to do this? Do I have to download some sort of connector to make this happen? 

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thank you and more power.

2 REPLIES 2
rohit_singh
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Andrew_na_lang ,

You can use Redshift as a source directly on your dataflow, but it does not allow you to enter a custom query. 

Connect to an Amazon Redshift database in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If you are looking to run a custom redshift query, you can use the ODBC connector. You will first need to download the relevant redshift driver on your machine, and then create a sytem DSN. You will then be able to access this dsn by the odbc connector in PowerBI.

Step-by-step instructions are available here :
Configuring an ODBC connection - Amazon Redshift

To use this source on your dataflow, you will have to first setup this ODBC source on your refresh gateway as a new source and then add it to your dataflow.

Connect to data sources for dataflows - Power Query | Microsoft Docs

More details about the ODBC connector can be found here :
Power Query ODBC connector - Power Query | Microsoft Docs

Kind regards,

Rohit

Please mark this answer as the solution if it resolves your issue.
Appreciate your kudos! 🙂

Thank you @rohit_singh. I shall try it and mark your reply as the solution after. Have a blessed day! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.