Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Amazon Redshift - ODBC Error while connecting to Incora

Hi,

I'm trying to connect Incorta in Power BI which is running in a VM on AWS. 

I tried to connect with Amazon Redshift and PostgreSQL database connector. It throws an error.

ODBC: ERROR [08S01] [Microsoft][Amazon Redshift] (10) Error occurred while trying to connect: [SQLState 08S01] Cannot enable SSL for the connection when connecting to a server that has not enabled SSL.

Please assist me to resolve this issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-danhe-msft ,

Thanks for the information.

I have resolved the issue with data source settings. I disabled encryption option and it works.

Here is more detail about Incorta connectivity in Power BI 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @SivaMani , @v-danhe-msft , @jeppoo12 

Same issue I am facing but there is no option of Disable encryption for that particular ODBC connection

sb_tekade_0-1671085573194.png

What steps I am missing?

Waiting for the response .

Thanks,

jeppoo12
Regular Visitor

I had the same problem when trying to connect Redshift and Qlik Sense of Power BI. The cause was that I had not created a VPC Security Group that allows traffic between AWS and them. 

Here is a step-by-step guide to create a new VPC Security Group for your Redshift Cluster. I had the same problem when adding a new Amazon Redshift ODBC Data Source on the Data Source Administrator (Win 64 bit) and also when trying to connect Amazon Redshift to Qlik Sense and Power BI. (Pictures below)

Step 1: Find you Redshift Cluster in the AWS Console and click on the link on the right side of the VPC security groups.

Step 2: A new EC2 dashboard opens. Click on the "Create Security Group" button.

Step 3: Enter a name for your security group (and memorize it), then create a new inbound rule that allows traffic to your connection (you can also allow all traffic if you know what you are doing).

Step 4: Select your new security group, in the Redshift Cluster Dashboard, by selecting the "Cluster" drop-down menu, click on "Modify Cluster" and select the newly created VPC security group in the list.

Step 1:

redshift1.PNG

Step 2:

redshift2.PNG

Step 3:

redshift3.PNG

Step 4:

redshift4.PNG

v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @SivaMani ,

What version of Power BI Desktop do you use? Please update your Power BI Desktop to latest version( Version: 2.67.5404.581 64-bit (March 2019)).

In addition, do you configure SSL for the Amazon Redshift? If so, ensure that the SSL protocol version is lower than TLS 1.2.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-danhe-msft ,

Thanks for the information.

I have resolved the issue with data source settings. I disabled encryption option and it works.

Here is more detail about Incorta connectivity in Power BI 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.