cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Am I able to change the text of table in a live connection using just a measure?

I am using a live connection and I have several tables, one table is a hierarchy areas. I want to abbreviate these areas to a shorter acronym. I can not edit any columns due to it being a live connection. 

I am currently doing something like "(Substitute(Contains(Table[Column],"Text1"),"Text1","Text2") I am omitting the instance number to replace all text. I am modelling the text to be text. Yet when I try to put the measure in a column of a matrix, it won't allow me. Only in values.

When you do put the measure in a matrix you only see true or false. Where have I gone wrong? Am I able not to do this with a measure? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Am I able to change the text of table in a live connection using just a measure?

@AJ123,

Have you solved your issue by now? If you have, could you please help mark the correct answer to finish the thread? Your contribution will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Am I able to change the text of table in a live connection using just a measure?

@AJ123,

Matrix visual doesn't allow user to drag measures as column or row axis, you should convert measure to calculate column(if you are using dataware house like SSAS).

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

@AJ123,

Have you solved your issue by now? If you have, could you please help mark the correct answer to finish the thread? Your contribution will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 2020 Community Highlights

May 2020 Community Highlights

It’s time for another PBI Community recap!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Top Solution Authors