Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

nlourenco
Frequent Visitor

Always show visual header options

Is it possible to always show the Visual Header options on a report, instead of requiring the user to need to hover over them? This is really bad UX, as someone who never uses PBI would have no idea about where such options exist.

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 3.48.21 PM.png

6 REPLIES 6
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@nlourenco 

I am afraid currently it is impossible to do so.

You can post your idea to the Ideas Forum: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best regards 

Paul Zheng

Does this also apply filter drill downs as well?

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @nlourencon,

This is not possible to do, you can turn on or off the options but the utilization will be when you over.

One best practice if your users don't have experience with PBI is to create a page with an explanation of features using some images and short explanations.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Hi @nlourencon,

I understand your remarks just refering to what the tool is abble to do. Just to add some more information part of the menus on the title bar of the visialization can be turn on or off for the final user to see them.
Also adding this context menus to the report will take space that you need for you visualization.

Agaim just refering what the tool can do or not.

You can put a idea on the forum part there arealot of improvements that were made based on user suggestion and this seems a good one to me.

If you put the idea please share the link so I can vote on it.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

@MFelix wrote:

One best practice if your users don't have experience with PBI is to create a page with an explanation of features using some images and short explanations.

Thanks for the response, but using PBI should be intuitive. Users should not be expected to create a help page to inform their customers of something that could easily be made an option at the time of report creation.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.