Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

test
Frequent Visitor

Always one value selected Filter

I have a filter Annee , how could I have always one value selected? 

Untitled.png

Many thanks in advance .

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

There is no direct option to disable "Select all" or to have a force selection in a slicer.

But i have developed a workaround to hide all the data in my report by creating 2 measures as below.

Valid_selection = if(HASONEVALUE(Slicer_attribute), "", "Error: Select a Single value")

Valid_selection_numeric = if(HASONEVALUE(Slicer_attribute), 1, 0)

Pull the first measure into a card, which will be blank when a single value is selected and will throw an error message when it is more than one/All.

Second measure to be added as a visual level filter, add Valid_selection_numeric = 1 as visual level filter on all the visuals. Which means, the data will be displayed only when a single value is selected.  Nothing but hiding the data for all.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Soumya

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi, @test

As per my knowledge, it is not allowed to set default value to a slicer. This feature request has been submitted to Power BI team, you can vote it up. Microsoft will consider to add this feature in later version of PowerBI.

Default Selected Slicer or Tile-By Value Configuration

Appreciate for your understanding.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@test create your report in pbi desktop -> create slicer -> choose the value you watnnt -> Save. Now next time when you open pbix file that value will be selected. After saving you can publish that to pbi service and report in pbi service will also have that value selected.

This doesn't prevent the user from unselecting the filter value

I was looking more for enforcing at least one selection

Thanks,

blopez11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

I have searched the same in past posts and I do not believe you can enforce a selection to be made in the filter slicer

Please see the following for reference

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Require-slicer-to-have-selection/td-p/30733

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.