Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

iNeed2BI
Regular Visitor

Alternatives/workarounds for automated report exporting

Hello everyone,

After searching for days, I am still looking for an alternative or workaround of automatically exporting certain reports/sheets etc. from my Power BI report for sending them further to the people impacted.

I have looked into Power Automate (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0dsCUeCFjg) but the downside is that I can't attach anything in the e-mail like a pdf version of the report or even a screenshot of the visual because I need premium capacity, and I am not going to pay 5k/month just for this basic feature in my opinion.

So, are there any workarounds for this ? Is there any way to at least export certain pages or visual from the Power BI report which can then be sent by e-mail to people who don't have a pro license ? 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
KiranHosakote
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @iNeed2BI 

To export your Power BI report to PDF with filters and slicers (with a Power BI Pro license), see https://medium.com/bi-helper/automated-distribution-of-power-bi-reports-and-dashboards-25fde6c68af0.

BI Helper is a third-party SaaS tool that automates the generation and emailing of PDF / PPTX reports from Power BI to users inside and outside your organization. Subscription plans start at $50 per month. 

ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi @iNeed2BI ,
could exporting to Power Point be a solution for your use case?:
Export entire reports to PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.