Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RingoSun
Helper II
Helper II

Alternative to Power query for calculated columns

Normally if I want to change the order of a column into descending order, I just click on Transform Data > Select the column I want to arrange > click the down arrow > and then select Sort ascending.

But if it is a calculated column I am not able to do this as it does not appear in Power Query. So if I want to do what I did above to a calculated column, how do I do it with DAX or something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SanketBhagwat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @RingoSun 

Not exactly sure what is your issue, but why do you need to go to Power Query for sorting your data?
In Power BI Desktop you can right click on your column and there you will find the option of sorting ascending/descending.

Let me know if that works.

Thanks,
Sanket

If this post helps, then mark it as "Accept as Solution" and give it a thumbs up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanketBhagwat
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @RingoSun 

Not exactly sure what is your issue, but why do you need to go to Power Query for sorting your data?
In Power BI Desktop you can right click on your column and there you will find the option of sorting ascending/descending.

Let me know if that works.

Thanks,
Sanket

If this post helps, then mark it as "Accept as Solution" and give it a thumbs up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.