Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

avinaash
Advocate II
Advocate II

Alternative to Plus (+) or Minus (-) sign in Power BI Matrix

Hi Everyone,

This is regarding power bi Matrix.

Will it be possible to bring the text of rows as link instead of bringing Plus (+) or Minus (-) sign?

And on clicking the link, only the plus or minus should be done.

Is this possible? If not, what is the alternative?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@avinaash , Not very clear. Click on text to open(+) is not possible, you can drill down or drill through. You can switch off +/- button and use drill arrows on the header. Or use bookamrks.

You can expand all level and switch off the stepped layout if needed

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-matrix-visual

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Samuel_Osborn
Frequent Visitor

I wouldn't say solved. I have concerns of a similar nature. I have a matrix and the +/- icons I want to replace with a single button to change the states between them to show more info. I want to create a +/- button via bookmarking so that I can get a better view, or change out text that I don't want or need using bookmark navigation. As far as I know, power BI won't let you use a boolean text to switch between two states on one button. For example, +/-, true/false, yes/no, unless you have one icon that has both in. But you are consigned to one character.  |+| lets say this box is your button, its on and off state will be |+| whether selected or deselected. I want to be able to have |+| |-| on the same button. Not two buttons, just one. Has anyone found any kind of work around? How about more than two states for the future? Anyone got a solution for that?  

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@avinaash , Not very clear. Click on text to open(+) is not possible, you can drill down or drill through. You can switch off +/- button and use drill arrows on the header. Or use bookamrks.

You can expand all level and switch off the stepped layout if needed

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-matrix-visual

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.