Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Avivek
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Alternative for drilldown function

I have a table which has ad, vp and sales rep name along with some other data which are in the form of text. And hence I cannot use a matrix to see this visual.

Avivek_0-1600261108077.png

Now I want to see the AD's, VP's, Fieldsales and Sales Rep in this table visual.The function is how drill down works, for eg if i click on VP it should show the AD, when AD selected it should show me the fieldsales and so on. Something like as shown below;

Avivek_1-1600261420272.png

Any idea or solution is appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
VijayP
Super User
Super User

@Avivek 

In Power Query Editor you can Get a Column using Column from Example with only the name of VP/or other required names

then you can easily use the same in the matrix without any additonal hassel

Vijay Perepa

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

@VijayP , no sir. The thing is the data in values are text so I cant use a matrix.

Would you any other way to implement it

@Avivek 

Still you count them and give a measures! Try my formual and see

MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

@Avivek 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Dr3RYMZj3vsPaeKTTSlnB8sTlMY83o0/view?usp=sharing

Watch this Video for Clarity

If you find this as solution please mark it as solution and share your Kudoes

Vijay Perepa

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Avivek,

Not really sure about the structure of your data because you refer that you have "ad, vp and sales rep name along with some other data which are in the form of text" but I only see the AD column, does you AD column includes all the other information or are they at different columns?

If they are in the same column how do you know the difference between them? Do you have another column that is used to differentiate this classification?

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

@MFelix , ad, vp , sales rep are all in different columns but same table

Hi @Avivek,

If the columns are on the same table you just need to use the matrix visualization and place the columns you need in the rows that will give you an hierarchy and the plus/minus sign will allow you to make the open and close of the values.

Regards

Miguel Félix

@MFelix , i am unable to use the matrix since I have some text data in the values. Is there any other way of doing it.

Hi @Avivek ,

What do you mean by some text data in the values?

Regards

Miguel Félix

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.