Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Alter visuals when using (set of) filter(s)

Hi All,

Reaching out to the community for this one!

My report has a page with data from two seperate datasets. These two datasets have a relationship, but not for all relevant data. I have several filters on this page. Some filters are relevant for all data and some filters are only relevant for some of the data. My question is about the latter. When I use these filters, which alters only part of the data on this page, some visuals do not get altered and still show data. This is expected, because there is no relationship possible on this level between the two datasets. Because this data does not change, users of the report get confused because they do assign value to all visuals in the report and start making wrong assumptions about the data they have been shown. Data should be on the same page, hence suggesting that I split this page into two pages is not the response i am looking for.

My question is this: Is it possible to assign a specific (for instance [blank]) value to some visuals when I use a specific (set of) filter(s). Or perhaps show a pop-up explaining why a specific part of the data is not altered, which also disappears again when I clear the filter?

I need something to let my users know that some of the data becomes irrelevant when they use some of the filters. Showing a standard message above the filters is not workable, because most users will only look at the data on not the accompanying text.

Have yet to find a solution to this challenge.

Best regards,

Joost

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @Anonymous ,

In fact, it is simple to coding formula, you can create a card visual with below measure to trace the filter status of 'column':

filter status =
IF ( ISFILTERED ( Table[Column] ), "filtered", "Not filted" )

BTW, current DAX functions not able to find out the difference between 'all selected' and 'not select', I think you also need to take care of this scenario when you deal with filter selections.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous ,

I'd like to suggest you use ISFILTERED function to check specific fields with if statement and turn result 'filtered'/'not filtered' to notify users if any filter effect applies on a specific table.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft

HI @Anonymous ,

In fact, it is simple to coding formula, you can create a card visual with below measure to trace the filter status of 'column':

filter status =
IF ( ISFILTERED ( Table[Column] ), "filtered", "Not filted" )

BTW, current DAX functions not able to find out the difference between 'all selected' and 'not select', I think you also need to take care of this scenario when you deal with filter selections.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-shex-msft,

This worked like a charm. Thank you so much!

Regards,

Joost 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.