Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sdhn
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Alphabetical Order on Graph

Hi All,

I am using Clustered Column Chart visual.

On my X axis , I want to display data on alpbatical order.

Current we have four groups.  sample data 

A, B , C & D.

each group have 4 number measuremnts.

current sequence  on X axis 

B ---   C  ---  A ---- D -----

I want to display display on X axis as:

A ---  B ---- C --- D

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! A simple solution is to go to options within the clustered column chart visual and use the sort descending/ascending option. Click in sort by and choose the column that contains your 4 groups: A, B, C, D. This should fix your problems. If it doesn't work another thing that can work in this and other cases (especially if there are few categories) is to add an ID column numbering from 1 to N number depending on the order you want and following the steps above to order ascending sorting by the column you just created.

Jclozdib98_0-1627485298389.pngJclozdib98_1-1627485324707.pngJclozdib98_2-1627485361076.png

Hope I was able to help!

Best regards, José.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! A simple solution is to go to options within the clustered column chart visual and use the sort descending/ascending option. Click in sort by and choose the column that contains your 4 groups: A, B, C, D. This should fix your problems. If it doesn't work another thing that can work in this and other cases (especially if there are few categories) is to add an ID column numbering from 1 to N number depending on the order you want and following the steps above to order ascending sorting by the column you just created.

Jclozdib98_0-1627485298389.pngJclozdib98_1-1627485324707.pngJclozdib98_2-1627485361076.png

Hope I was able to help!

Best regards, José.

sdhn
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

hi Jose,

My actuall data starts as:

Amark

Mvolt

Ten nike

Umbrio

when I sort by ASC

Its dsipalys as

Amark, Umbrio, Ten nike , Mvolt

why ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

When the program has "unsortable" data it follows another scheme. Try the second option, modify your table to include a column where you place numbers 1 through 4 for each group depending on the order you want them to be:

ColumnID

Amark

Umbrio4
Ten nike3
Mvolt2

It is important that aside from selecting sort by ASC, you also select which column it is using to make up that ascending order. In this case if you follow my solution you can use sort ascending by ID.

sdhn
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Actually first one also work.  I did not pick right column ealier.   Thank You very much 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.