Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rax99
Helper V
Helper V

Allowing access to datasets and data flows outside of organisation via app.powerbi

I have a Data gateway set up on my server so data is being loaded from my secure server to the app.powerbi service. I have both a dataset and a data flow set up for the underlying tables. I can share access to both the DS and DF with the organisation just fine.

My question is, how do I provide someone (a client) outside of the organisation access to this data? They do have a pro/premium license.

I don't have anything like Azure AD tenants set up, etc as far as I'm aware.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@rax99 

You can invite external users as guest users, then you can add those users to workspace to access content like your internal users.
Distribute content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@rax99 

You can invite external users as guest users, then you can add those users to workspace to access content like your internal users.
Distribute content to external guest users with Azure AD B2B - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Do you know if access to the XMLA endpoint is enabled in your Power BI instance?  That should give them access to the dataset.

As I understand it you can't access dataflows directly.  They can only be consumed through datasets.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.