Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ryan_Pazos
Regular Visitor

Allowing a table to only show data after a slicer has made a selection..

Problem:

I wish to have a table display information only when a slicer is used, and not show anything if no selections are made via the slicer.

Example:

There is 1 slicer visual for "Company", 1 table visual for "Orders", and 1 table visual for "Order Contents"

• If a selection is made on the slicer("Company"); the tables("Order" & "Order Contents") display the correct information (regarding the company- orders placed- & order contents)
  • If NO selections are made with the slicer("Company") -- the tables("Orders" and "Order Contents") display ALL "Orders" & "Order Contents" in the system.

I would like to understand how to hide the data in the tables until a slicer selection is made.

If a Measure is needed to be created - how can i make sure the Measure plays nice;

Which tables do the ISFILTERED/HASONEVALUE/LASTNONBLANK commands point to

Slicer= organization (Lines table)

Table1= salesordernumber (Header table) [want to hide data within until slicer makes its selection]

Table2= linedescription (Custtable) [want to hide data within until slicer makes its selection]

(The relationship between these tables/visualizations are present and functional)

Thanks in advance, PowerBI Experts!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Ryan_Pazos,

I'm afraid slicer visual doesn't support this feature in current. You can submit your idea here: https://ideas.powerbi.com.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Thanks for the reply Jimmy,

if that is the case -- are you aware of any visuals/combinations that can be used to achieve the desired results?

Regards,

RP

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.