Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Allowing a Visual (Graph) to Filter Only Certain Data from a Column

Hi everyone!

So far my Power BI experience has been very positive ,but I seem to notice a bit of lag due to the followingreason.

I have a report that uses many tables on Direct Query (20), but this is ONLY becuase I needed to duplicate a table 3-5 times since I do not know a workaround for the following problem:

Within one column, there are multiple location ID's which correspond to both common items and unique items for different locaitons. In order to produce the right graphs, I need to only include each locations data. So my workaround was to dupliucate the table 3 times (for 3 different locations) and to filter the location column depending on the location I need.

So to summarize: How do you filter a table for various unique location ID's within ONE table without affecting other visuals that depend on the same column? (Keeping all data in column intact while filtering on a visual level only). 

Duplicating columns will not work becuase there are also unqiue lines of items which are warehouse specific as well as ocmmon items between warehouses.

Example:

2019-12-03_9-54-35.jpg10005.jpg10006.jpg10007.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please try using visual level filter when you select the target visul or creating a slicer and disable the interaction on the target visual.

1.PNG

2.PNG

If i misunderstood your meaning, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jayw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please try using visual level filter when you select the target visul or creating a slicer and disable the interaction on the target visual.

1.PNG

2.PNG

If i misunderstood your meaning, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Jay

Community Support Team _ Jay Wang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Community Support Team _ Jay
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution
to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.