Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

RickRunGood

Allowing Users To Choose Which Columns In A Table

Hi all,

I have a table that has about 10 different columns of data. I would love for the end-user to be able to choose which of those columns actually appear in the table. For example, if they only want to choose three, they could use a checkbox slicer and the data table would "hide" the other columns.

I've been able to accomplish something similar with a graph and measures but the table and column specific example is giving me trouble.

Any push in the right direction would be awesome!

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
iceparrot
Advocate II
Advocate II

Maybe people are still searching how to do this: There's a video explaining one workaround: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jeSIRpjv0M 

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@RickRunGood

No, it's not possible. And it's necessary to have this kind of feature. If the end user can also select whatever columns into a Table, there's no differece from the creator of this report. If you make your end users to do this, you can just upload the .pbix file into a shared path and let them edit it.

Regards,

Shamatix
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

As far as I know this ain't possible currently sadly, there is 1 work around I know of, but it's a really disgusting one so I won't even suggest it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.