Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mafaber
Helper II
Helper II

Allow end users to change bubble chart axis range

Hi,

I have a bubble chart showing different products using values on both axises. Each product has a certain value and quantity in the table. The horizontal axis is the value*quantity, so the more revenue a product is holding the more to the right it's bubble is. The issue is, some products are off the charts comparing to smaller products and since zooming is not available on PBI visuals (huge missing point in my opinion!), I want to give the possibility to the end users to dynamically limit x-axis as a workaround for zooming. A slider on a slicer would be the best. I tried creating a calculated column to calculate the x-axis value for each product and use that as a filter, but it fails to calculate, because the data I have is too much for such calculation, even though I have 64GB memory.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@mafaber 

Not sure which exact chart do you mean by bubble chart, but to allow end users to change x axis range you could just create a slicer with the Column on the x axis. Something like:

set range.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@mafaber 

Not sure which exact chart do you mean by bubble chart, but to allow end users to change x axis range you could just create a slicer with the Column on the x axis. Something like:

set range.JPG

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@mafaber - Not really understanding your dilemma. Why can't you just use a range slicer on your x-axis column? If you need to generate a column for some reason, you should be able to use GENERATESERIES with a MAX and MIN of that column for example.

Not really enough information to go on, please first check if your issue is a common issue listed here: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Before-You-Post-Read-This/ba-p/1116882

Also, please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

The most important parts are:
1. Sample data as text, use the table tool in the editing bar
2. Expected output from sample data
3. Explanation in words of how to get from 1. to 2.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
nandic
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@mafaber , you can select bubble chart vizualization and under filter you can adjust it. 
Automatically you can use measures that you use in bubble chart.

bubble chart.PNG

There are other solutions:
1) filter using slicer
2) create groups of products with similar values 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.